Our Client is currently looking to to cover a Maternity Leave from December through the middle of March. The hours are Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Total hours a week could range from 30 to $0 hours a week.
- Provides general care and education to patient.
- Performs tasks including patient triage, record-keeping and maintaining supply inventory.
- Patient triage including taking vital signs, weight, chief complaint, past medical history, and family/social history.
- Performs common tasks including but not limited to medication reconciliations, vaccinations, etc.
- Coordinates visits and paperwork for patient/doctor visits.
- Records and reports symptoms. Documents accurately via electronic medical record.
- Reviews patient charts and records essential information including medical past and history, reactions, treatments, etc.
- Basic knowledge of routine labs. Able to order labs on behalf of the provider and fax to preferred lab
- Review and set up electronic prescriptions for patients
- Maintains inventory and stock of clinical and medicinal supplies.
- Educates patient on current health issues, medications, diet, etc.
- Practices safety and health code standards.
- Performs jobs assigned by practice manager and doctors as directed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA laws/regulations
- Maintain safe infection control practices and follow OSHA laws/standards
- Able to work all office locations including satellite locations as required.
- Order medical supplies for office locations as directed by Practice Manager
· Minimum Education: Vocational, technical nursing training
· Minimum Experience: 0-6 Months
· Minimum Field of Expertise: LPN licensure
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues developmental opportunities; Shares expertise.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Formulates realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teaching/Training-Clearly explains concepts; Varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, clients, and the general public.